Low Pressure Permanent Mold Casting
The Low Pressure Permanent Mold (LPPM) manufacturing process is a cornerstone at Le Sueur Incorporated. As a metal casting process, LPPM casting is optimal for intricate casting designs or where structural and pressure tight castings are needed.
Our decades of industry-leading engineering experience allow us to be one of the very best in providing castings for pressure tight and leak tight applications. We have the ability to pour many alloys in Low Pressure Permanent Mold, most commonly A356 and 356.
LPPM Casting Process
Low Pressure Permanent Mold casting applies low pressure between 3-15 psi on a reservoir of molten aluminum, gently forcing aluminum into the mold cavity. Pushing the aluminum into the mold not only fills the cavity and the contours of the casting shape but also feeds the shrinkage during the casting solidification process. This achieves a higher quality and a more consistent casting while minimizing finishing operations and gate removal. Additional benefits to low pressure die casting include improved mechanical properties and performance of the casting.
Courtesy of Kurtz Ersa Corporation | www.kurtzersa.com
Industrial Low Pressure Casting Applications
Advantages of Low Pressure Permanent Molding
- Superior mechanical properties
- Higher internal quality casting (ability to maintain a higher quality level in x-ray)
- Able to maintain a more repeatable and quality process (fully automated) resulting in a more consistent casting
- Improved quality results in a sound and pressure tight/leak tight application
- Improved grain structure for best machining results
- Low risk of gas picked up during a constant fill of the mold
- Production flow improvement with increased yield
- Minimized secondary operations
- Ability to manufacture a more intricate casting design with complex casting detail as the fill is under constant pressure
Expert Permanent Mold Manufacturing from Le Sueur
LSI has the controls in place to ensure consistent part integrity. Our full-service Metallurgical and Testing Lab, Metrology Lab and NDT (Nondestructive Testing) applications such as (3) X-Ray processes, Liquid Penetrant and Pressure Testing ensures high-quality product for our customers.
We also offer gravity pour permanent mold casting for your additional permanent mold casting needs.
High Quality Low Pressure Permanent Mold Casting
As a leader in manufacturing dimensionally challenging, complex aluminum castings, Le Sueur Incorporated is your best source for high-quality Low Pressure Permanent Mold castings. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the low pressure permanent molds that not only meet but exceed your expectations.