Low Pressure Permanent Mold Casting
Low Pressure Permanent Mold casting, or LPPM casting, applies low pressure between 3-15 psi on a reservoir of molten aluminum, gently forcing aluminum into the mold cavity. Pushing the aluminum into the mold not only fills the cavity and the contours of the casting shape, but also feeds the shrinkage during the casting solidification process. This achieves a much higher quality and a more consistent casting while minimizing finishing operations and gate removal. Additional benefits to low pressure die casting include improved mechanical properties and the performance of the casting.
Le Sueur Incorporated is a leader in manufacturing dimensionally challenging, complex and pressure tight/leak tight castings using Low Pressure Die Casting. Early involvement of our team is key. We would appreciate the opportunity to show you first-hand our many capabilities offered at Le Sueur Incorporated.
Courtesy of Kurtz Ersa Corporation | www.kurtzersa.com
Advantages of Low Pressure Permanent Mold
- Superior Mechanical Properties
- Higher internal quality casting (ability to maintain a higher quality level in x-ray)
- Able to maintain a more repeatable and quality process (fully automated) resulting in a more consistent casting
- Improved quality results in a sound and Pressure Tight/Leak Tight application
- Improved grain structure for best machining results
- Low risk of gas picked up during a constant fill of the mold
- Production flow improvement with increased yield
- Minimized secondary operations
- Ability to manufacture a more intricate casting design with complex casting detail as the fill is under constant pressure.
Experts in Low Pressure Permanent Mold Casting
The Low Pressure Permanent Mold manufacturing process is a cornerstone at Le Sueur Incorporated and our decades of industry-leading engineering experience allows us to be one of the very best in providing castings for pressure tight and leak tight applications. We have the ability to pour many alloys in Low Pressure Permanent Mold, most commonly A356 and 356.
LSI has the controls in place to ensure consistent part integrity. Our full-service Metallurgical and Testing Lab, Metrology Lab and NDT (Nondestructive Testing) applications such as (3) X-Ray processes, Liquid Penetrant and Pressure Testing assures high quality product for our customers.
Low Pressure Casting Applications
- Air Cylinders
- Aluminum Housings
- Aluminum Wheels
- Compressor Bodies
- Cooling Fins
- Electrical Boxes
- Electrical Transmission Equipment
- Fan Blades & Hubs
- Gear Boxes
- Gear Cases
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Oil Pans
- Pressure Housings
- Pump Components
- Suspension Components
- Transmission Channel Plates
- Valve Bodies
- Valve Housings
- Wind Generation Equipment
Le Sueur Incorporated specializes in dimensionally complex, pressure tight aluminum castings and thermoplastic injection molded components. We offer complete in-house precision machining, finishing and assembly. Please contact us if you have a project to discuss!